Webinar Time and Region
6 pm – 10 pm India (9:30 am Atlantic / 8:30 am ET / 7:30 am CT)
The Indo-Canadian Business Chamber with the support of the Government of Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) in India as well as the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is pleased to present the ICBC MBA EduConnect 2020 Virtual Tour. Considering the restrictions due to the Pandemic, this virtual tour will cover all regions of India as well as Nepal and Bhutan. Canadian universities offering MBA programs to international students will be highlighting their course offerings, scholarships, student experience, accessibility, affordability, and career paths in an all-Canada context. These sessions will include a comprehensive panel interaction where officials from the High Commission, Immigration and participating institutions will make their presentations as well as 1-1 interactions with the participating audience of prospective students.
Why a Canadian MBA?
- Canada boasts of some of the best business schools in the world
- Canada ranked first among G-7 countries in a study measuring the extent to which management education matches needs of the business community
- Five Canadian MBA schools in the top 100 Financial Times Global MBA Rankings
- Three Canadian MBA schools in the top 100 (Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2017)
- Canada’s MBA programs are offered in a variety of options at 41 universities
- Collaboration with business and industry: work placements are part of many university
- Over 50 Canadian Universities offered business Co-op programs which allow students to engage in productive work in their field of study and receive remuneration (Canadian Association for Co-operative Education, 2017)
- Three Canadian MBA schools in the top 100 (Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2018)
- McGill University (Desautels) – 78th
- The University of Toronto (Rotman) – 86th
- Western University (Ivey) – 90th
- Three Canadian universities ranked among the Top 100 (Times Higher Education World University Ranking for Engineering & Technology 2019)
- The University of Toronto (31)
- McGill University (55)
- The University of British Columbia (65)
- Nine Canadian universities rank among the global top 200 (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019)
Why Should I Attend?
- Choose from a range of Canadian business schools with specialized programming to suit various needs and interests
- Interact directly with official representatives of top Canadian business schools
- Discuss scholarship opportunities
- Learn more from Canadian immigration presentation about study permit applications, post-graduate work permit programs, and immigration policies.
For more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Indo-Canadian Business Chamber (ICBC) is the only organization based in India which is dedicated to promoting Indo-Canadian economic and bilateral relations. ICBC works closely with the High Commission of Canada in India on core issues and initiatives related to bilateral trade in the India-Canada business corridor.
Since its inception in 1994, ICBC has contributed immensely to the ongoing increase of bilateral trade and its diversification by exchange of trade and investment delegations, power launches, interactive sessions and creating tie-ups with bilateral chambers of India’s neighbouring countries like Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka. It acts as a bridge between Canada and these adjoining countries and has signed MOU’s with the Business Chambers of these countries. It also has a strong connect with the Chambers in Canada, namely Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) and C-IBC (Canada-India Business Council)
Headquartered in New Delhi, ICBC has five operating regional councils in New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Kolkata. Having a strong membership base from a cross-section of business and industry and in a variety of sectors, its main focus is on sectors such as Education and Advanced Skills Development, Energy, Infrastructure, Aerospace, ICT and Legal services and, therefore, also works through active committees broadly in these areas.
Over the years, ICBC has had the privilege of hosting Indian and Canadian Federal and Provincial Ministers, senior government officials, business leaders, Presidents of Canadian Universities and various high level business and government delegations. For its exceptional role played in promoting bilateral trade and building strong relationship between the two countries, the Chamber received the Governor General’s Medallion for being a friend of Canada in 2014. By signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of West Bengal recently, ICBC has taken giant steps towards enhancing business opportunities for Canadian companies in India. With its pan-India presence and fervent networking activities, ICBC’s contribution to the increase in Indo-Canadian bilateral trade has been enormous. It proactively continues to assist the two countries in formulating policies to facilitate trade.
- To promote trade and business relations between India & Canada.
- To provide resources to companies of both countries with regard to trade and business contacts.
- To serve as a voice for industry and facilitate exchange of knowledge between government and businesses in both the countries.
- To provide valuable information to the membership at all times.
- Networking opportunities with prominent Indian and Canadian officials and experts in business and trade.
- The opportunity to meet and work with fellow members and Indian & Canadian business people from different industries.
- Collaborate with the activities of the High Commission of Canada on trade briefings, trade missions, receptions etc.
Access to ICBC services: www.icbc.org.in
|Time in IST|
|5:45 PM||Panelists are requested to sign in advance|
Welcome Remarks (Main Room)
Panel Discussion (Main Room) – Moderated by Anuj Bhasin, Trade Commissioner, Government of Canada
Presentations (Main Room)
Introduction of New Partner (Main Room)
|6:45 PM||Delegates move to Breakout Rooms for 1-1 Student Interactions|
|Pearsons PTE presentation in breakout room during interactions|
|ICICI Bank presentation in breakout room during interactions|
|9:55 PM||Delegates move back to Main Room for concluding notes|
|10:00 PM||Session Ends|
ICBC team member to accompany & support delegate in the breakout room
All sessions and interactions will be recorded
- The virtual seminar will be hosted on the Zoom virtual platform
- All participants are requested to use the confirmed registered joining link to login
- The sessions can be viewed on your pc, mobile, laptop with a stable internet connection
Program Promotion and Student Attraction and Engagement Specialist, MBA
University of New Brunswick – Saint John
Director – Graduate Student Support & Recruitment
Sobey School of Business- Saint Mary’s University
Senior Director – Recruitment, Admissions & Marketing
Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
Professional Applied and Continuing Education, University of Winnipeg
Associate Director, Student Services & International Relations
Schulich School of Business, York University
Senior Manager, Student Services & International Relations
Schulich School of Business, York University