“Bombardier Transportation keen to support Indian Rail Minister’s vision to transform Rail Transportation…” – Mr. Sudhir Rao, Managing Director, India, Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier is pleased with the vision of India’s Railway Minister Piyush Goyal of world-class, environmentally sustainable, energy efficient rail transportation in India.
- His approach clearly outlines the path to creating a safer railway system. Safety is one of Bombardier’s core business priorities. Rail Transportation sector in India is on the right path and momentum is built to significantly reform Railways in the years to come.
- As a leading supplier of Rail systems and products, we welcome the priority given to execution of projects. Capital expenditure of Rs 1.48 lakh crore, highest ever for Indian Railways, was announced and most of this money will be spent on capacity expansion which represents huge business opportunities for rail suppliers.
- Bombardier is exploring various projects in India which are strategic for our local operations and are pleased with the projects announced to increase train speeds, introduce modern trains, upgrade existing rail infrastructure with increased track capacity, modernize signalling system, improve passenger comfort and technology innovations.
- With a vision to modernize signalling systems, Bombardier will be keen to support with its proven signalling solutions. For over 100 years, our expertise in developing, engineering and installing advanced rail control and signalling systems has helped us gain recognition as a world leader in this field.
- Our rail vehicles from commuter trains to metros, monorails to locomotives, high speed trains to light rail vehicles provide sustainable mobility across cities globally moving millions daily. We are pleased with the intent for procurement of rolling stock by Indian Railways.
- We are pleased with efforts to improve rail transport in Mumbai. Bombardier has been supporting Mumbai’s rail ecosystem from 2002. We have installed and maintained the Traffic Management System (TMS) on Mumbai’s Western and Central lines. Currently, trains equipped with our propulsion are operating successfully in Mumbai’s Suburban Rail network and moving around 3.5 million passengers daily. These projects further boost our long-term relationship in this important ecosystem and Bombardier intends to continue to contribute to the success of Mumbai by delivering more of our high-performance metro vehicles, monorails and signalling systems.
- Railways in India is stabilizing and becoming more sustainable on its own with fast decision making and ironing out administration issues. We are pleased that commitment to Private sector is visible in every initiative which gives confidence to industry players like Bombardier to invest, produce and grow in India.
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services.