Bombardier Transportation keen to solve mobility challenges of India
“Bombardier Transportation keen to solve mobility challenges of India” – Sudhir Rao, Managing Director, India, Bombardier Transportation
Budget highlights the outlaying of investment opportunities, improvement of operating ratio and introduction of new semi-high-speed trains elicits the vision to transform the rail experience for Indian commuters.
- The budget clearly outlines the path to creating a safer railway system. Safety is one of Bombardier’s core business priorities. Removal of all unmanned rail crossing across the entire broad-gauge network highlights Indian Railways commitment to Safety.
- Capital expenditure of Rs 1.58 lakh crore, one of the highest ever for Indian Railways, was announced and most of the amount will be spent on capacity expansion which represents huge business opportunities for rail suppliers. Budgetary allocation for railways has been increased to Rs 64,587 crore, an increase of around 20%.
- Improvement of operating ratio to 95% by 2019-20 is a good sign for rail suppliers as Indian Railways will allocate the surplus for modernizing rail network across India.
- Bombardier is one of the leading global suppliers for commuter and intercity trains along with semi-high speed (upto 200 kms p/h) and high-speed trains (from 250 to 380 kms p/h) across the world and is keen to support Indian Railways efforts to increase train speeds and improve passenger comfort.
- Bombardier’s complete e-mobility portfolio allowing cities across the globe to easily incorporate electric mobility. It includes wireless charging, compact battery and efficient propulsion systems for electric rail and road vehicles. We are keen to make India’s vision of sustainable mobility a reality by reducing local CO2 emissions to zero and eliminating noise pollution by offering our e-mobility solutions
- In India, we have a railway vehicle manufacturing site and bogie assembly hall at Savli near Vadodara, Gujarat. We have a propulsion system manufacturing facility at Maneja, near Vadodara, Gujarat. We also have a Rail Control Solutions Centre for project delivery, product engineering and Information Services hub near Gurugram Delhi NCR, TCMS Centre in Vadodara, and an Engineering Centre in Hyderabad.
Bombardier is actively collaborating in the Make in India program by delivering rail vehicles, products and solutions that are developed locally, for both Indian and foreign markets. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services.